Schneggen

This page is the beginning of machine translation into English of the German text. The translation was made by Google.

Deutsch

Die Beiden Reinacher Schneggen
by Dr. Peter Steiner (1987/88)

/6/

Der Schneggen entsteht

***

/7/

*** Familenwappen waren ja damals noch weitgehend das Privileg von Adeligen und von städtischen Ratsherrengeschlechtern. Zehn Jahre lang, bis 1596, blieb Hauri Untervogt. Dann wurde er von seinem Mitbürger Rudolf Hediger, wohl dem Zweitreichsten, abgelöst. Hauri, der weiterhein dem Dorfgericht angehörte, zweifelte aber kaum daran, dass er bei Gelegenheit ins höchste Amt zurückkehren werde. Er hatte nun Zeit, über weitere Baupläne nachzudenken. Zweifellos freute er sich an seinem vergrösserten Haus. Doch entsprach es noch lange nicht nseinen heimlichen Vorstellungen. ***

/8/

*** 1605 scheint das Hauptbaujahr gewesen zu sein. Damals gestaltete ein Steinmetz das Hauri-Wappen über dem Turnmeingang — ein anderes als im Intarsienstüben — ein zweite die beiden schönen Kreuzstöcke im südwärtigen grossen Saal im ersten Stockwerk. Sowohl des Wappen als die eine Fenstersäule tragen die Jahrzahl 1605. Im folgende Jahr wurden die Arbeiten abgeschlossen, wurde auch der Turm vollendet (Jahrzahl 1606 ganz oben).

English

The Two Reinach Schneggens
by Dr. Peter Steiner (1987/88)

/6/

The Schneggen develops

***

/7/

*** Family arms were at that time still to a large extent the privilege of aristocrats and of urban councilmen. For ten years, until 1596, Hauri remained Untervogt. Then he was replaced by his fellow citizen Rudolf Hediger, probably the secondary richest. Hauri, which belonged to far Rhine the village court, however hardly doubted that he would return on occasion to the highest office. He now had time to think about further structural drawings. Certainly he was pleased at his increased house. But it corresponded still for a long time to his secret conceptions. ***

/8/

*** 1605 seems to have been the main year of construction. At that time a stone-cutter arranged the Hauri coat of arms over the turn my course — another than in the Intarsienstüben — second the two beautiful cross sticks in the südwärtigen large hall in the first floor. Both coats of arms and the one window column carry the year number 1605. In the following year the work, completed also the tower was locked (year number 1606 right at the top).